|2008 Shows Reports
(updated 02 January, 2009
We all remember 2007 as perhaps the
wettest year in living memory - what would 2008 hold in store? Most growers
were generally pleased with conditions until mid/late July when the
weather took a downward turn with many parts of the country
experiencing even more rainfall than 2007!
In the Northeast of Scotland
we probably escaped the extremes suffered further south and to the west
but August in the northeast was the dullest month for
almost sixty years.
rust has again been problematic in some areas but not the the same
extent as in 2007.
pages contain a selection of pictures from
the Shows listed on the left hand side. Most of the photos are shown in thumbnail form, just click on the small image
to see a larger version of the picture, then click the 'back' arrow to
return to the main page.
I hope you find something of interest in these pages.
Thanks to the following for sharing their pictures and information:
- Ian Turner (Scottish National, Stirling)
- Tom Buchan (Fraserburgh HS, Dundee Flower Show)
- Harry Lawson and Terry Stead (Northern Group Show)
- Dave Holden (Northwest Counties and Humberside shows)
- Gordon Dowson (Bishop Aukland, Durham and Northern Group)
- Joe Crowland (South East London & Bexleyheath)
- Fred Waining (Chester, Sheffield and Chesterfield)
- Jack Gilbert (Shows in the West Midlands area)
- Robert Jackson (Fife and Grangemouth)
- Jim McWilliam (Central Ohio CS, Columbus, Ohio and US National)
- John Marshall (High Wycombe Show)
All Late shows contributors are acknowledged on the Late Shows
now coming in.
Click below to view
Early National News
Ian Martin won
the Bentley for his entry of 6x5 large and medium. A fantastic achievement.
and Group Shows
you have pictures from your local or Group show and would like to see
them published on a web page just e-mail your details and pictures to me and I'll
publish on your behalf.
you have pictures of other chrysanthemum exhibits from any of the shows already displayed
or any show not currently listed you can
e-mail them to me with relevant supporting information and I will add them to the relevant page.